Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life in Texas these days..

Well, you would think I would have time to update this with all the free time on my hands these days...but sometimes it is intimidating trying to be funny, witty or interesting when talking about the daily things of life. So instead, I'm going to just write about what has been going on the last few weeks...

Took a fun little trip to Port Aransas for our annual weekend with high school and college friends...it was a blast as usual! Here are some highlights...
the whole crew
the famous paddle ball game...note the "professional circle"
Ali and I
Brookie, Sarah and I
the yayas
there's always a dance party
at Sharkey's...these boys love to dance
the girls

ali, sarah and i with the infamous future actor, Andrew

So many memories are always made on these weekends and I am blessed to have such fun, creative and talented friends who know how to have a good time at the beach!!!

Since then, I have just been studying my Encyclopedia of Counseling preparing for my NCE exam which I will take in either September or October. I also started my part time gig at Frisco Bible Church and things are going well there. I will be teaching my group, Evolve (5th and 6th graders), for the first time this Sunday after we have a big Lake Party with all of student ministry on Saturday!

Some of my college friends and I threw a Baby shower for my sweet friend and college roommate, Jen and her soon to be son, Andrew Thomas at my parents house this past Saturday. It was fun to see all those girls again and know that I will be around when little Andrew makes his appearance in a couple weeks!!!
me and the mom-to-be Jen
The 2 Brookes
some of the girls
Jen and the hostesses...minus Allison
Marisa and my beautiful table creation
Kalli and Alyssa
The Aggie KDs
Jen opening gifts

All that to say, my schedule is filling up slowly but surely...it has caused me to slow down and be grateful for this time in my life where I do have some good moments of rest, longer conversations with friends, days with little to no agenda, freedom to be spontaneous and overall a time to trust God fully in this next chapter of my life without having all the answers upfront!

I hope you are encouraged by these verses,

Psalm 62:5-8 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge."

No comments: