Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gone too long?


So, the other day I was driving downtown to Charlotte One (more on that later) and a car started honking at me from the side. I turned and looked to see a dad and daughter trying to get my attention with their hands. They were giving me a thumbs up and smiling at me. It literally took me a couple minutes to realize they were giving me the international sign for "gig em". I have become accustomed living up here in Tarheel/Blue Devil land that I didn't even recognize a fellow alum and Aggie "gigging em" at me! I have officially been out of Texas too long!!! I must get back and get my fix!!!

Another story about how I have become desensitized in these 3 1/2 years I have been living here. Shortly after I moved here, I got to know my former roommmate, Cori and we started playing golf together on my day off. We were leaving the driving range one day and there was a car parked in front of us with a Texas A&M sticker on the back window. There were two guys getting in their car leaving and I told Cori (who I might add does NOT talk to strangers) that I would be right back. I proceeded to introduce myself to the guy who was driving and had a very awkward conversation about us both being Aggies. He was so not into the conversation and I could tell did not think it was a big deal that we were in Charlotte and both were from a place that is 2000 miles away...

well, I have become that guy...not entirely sure what kind of face I made at the car who honked at me the other day, but by the time I figured it out and smiled...it was too late!

Gig Em to all those Aggies living in Charlotte! I'm sorry I am not representing very well these days...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Lauren! I found your blog through Jennifer's! How are you? I love that you have a blog and I can keep up with things going on in your life! Hope all is well..Love ya! Mandi