Friday, April 3, 2009

A picture of Heaven for me..

So, the last 2 years I have had the privilege to travel to Brazil with our high school students and spend 10 days ministering to the people there, but more importantly building life long relationships with our Brazilian brothers and sisters. There are so many amazing memories from the last 2 years, but one that sticks out to me is of the times we spent singing our favorite songs with the Brazilians...us singing in English, them in Portuguese. One instance when this spontaneous singing happened was on our long bus ride to Iguaracy, a community inland that we went to put on VBS and a church service for 2 days. It is a 10 hour drive and we got lost this last time...that's another funny story. But to pass the time on the bus, we would put in Hillsong DVDs and sing along to the music. It is amazing to hear 2 languages singing the same praises to God at the same time in confined space. To me, that is what Heaven is going to be like on a much bigger scale! I can't wait!!! I found this video below and it brought me to tears watching the worship leaders from Hillsong United who speak/sing normally in English engage this huge crowd with their own language and create this worship party!!!




Hillsong United's new CD comes out this May and I can't wait!!! We sing at least one Hillsong United song a week in our Student Services, so it will be a preview of what we will be singing this summer and fall!!!

No comments: