Sunday, March 1, 2009

Surprise appearance by Nick, Joe and Kevin

If you are over 18 years old, you might not know who this is referring to...but if you work with teenagers, like I do...these boys are a household name and their last name is Jonas...as in the Jonas Brothers. When I saw on Good Morning America the other day that they were making "surprise" appearances all over the country at movie theaters showing their movie, I had this weird feeling that Charlotte might be on that list. Why would I think this? There has been this strange phenomenon here in Charlotte that people have ties here or connections to this place in some way and big things happen. Michael Jordan playing with Tiger Woods a couple of years ago in the Wachovia Championships, talking to Sergio Garcia on the links this past year, Pat Green loves coming to play here because he has family nearby,Davidson College was the cinderella story in the NCAA tournament last year, Will Ferrell played Ricky Bobby and lit himself "on fire" at Lowe's Motor Speedway, and now we can add the Jonas Brothers appearing at a movie theater to shocked and amazed teens here in Charlotte this weekend!!! Check out the story HERE
So, I have gotten to witness some awesome things while living in Charlotte, but this was not one of them. I instead chose to go see Slumdog Millionaire and I can honestly say, I don't regret my movie choice one bit! This was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time and I encourage everyone to go see it and open your eyes to the reality of what children experience in the slums of India! Hopefully it will touch your heart and remind you to pray for these children, as it did for me! So, while I didn't get to meet the Jonas Brothers (they are WAY too young for me anyway!) :), I did get to be reminded of what God tells us in His Word.

LoveMercy
Lu

P.S. check out this. But because of this I am just going to say that these guys are hilarious and are friends of friends in Dallas!

No comments: