Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still on the Road...

One more trip...this weekend is my 10 year high school reunion in Dallas! Yippee!

Here's some highlights from last week and weekend!
On Wednesday night around 9:00pm a group of 6 six of my staff and volunteers headed to Atlanta for Catalyst! We rolled into town and to our hotel around 1:30ish and then woke up around 6:30am for the conference! The lack of sleep was well worth it! The speakers were awe-inspiring and the worship was excellent! My favorites were Jim Collins, the author of Good to Great; Craig Groschel, the pastor of LifeChurch.tv and
Andy Stanley, pastor of NorthPoint Church. I met one of my favorite worship leaders, Kristian Stanfill and 2 of my favorite bands did a "private concert" for about 75 of us on the first night. Robbie Seay Band and Jon Foreman, lead singer of Switchfoot! It was so sweet to get to meet them and talk after the show! They say that the experience of Catalyst...amazing speakers, intense worship, 12,400 people in one place is like drinking out of a fire hydrant...it always takes me a little time to process through everything i heard and experienced!

We drove back to Charlotte early on Friday so a couple of us could get back for the Heights Beach Trip that night. It was a great weekend, not a lot of sleep and a bit of rain...but it was alot of fun and went really well!


meeting Jon Foreman...he was so nice!


Jon Foreman doing his thing!


Our high school group! (Gotta love Chandler in the scarf in the middle! :)


the bus driver took these shots! :) (i'm in the green on the left)


me and my sweet college friend Alexis!

Hanging out with some girls!

1 more trip and then i am here for a while! At least a couple weeks in a row! Get excited for more pictures!

No comments: