Tuesday, October 28, 2008

From High School Reunion to High School Musical...

Okay, I am admitting this because I am not ashamed...maybe I should be but in my line of work, I think it is absolutely imperative that I see the movie I watched last night....



Let me first say, I did not go alone. I did not go opening weekend. I did not go with students. I went on Monday night at 7:00pm with 2 of my middle school leaders, who have asked to remain nameless, but they are girls between the age of 21 and 35. We are all fans of the previous 2 movies and were dying to see this new one....So we could discuss it with our girls in our groups, naturally! :)

Here are some of my observations of HSM3:

1. You can be alot more obnoxious as an adult watching this movie when you are in the theater alone! Which we were...only the 3 of us.

2. Our favorite scenes of the movie had Zac Efron in them...1) Troy in the junk yard with Chad and 2) Troy's solo late night at the school in the gym with his Wildcat Jersey on.

3. This third one pushed alot of the limits that they haven't before...Zac Efron and several other guys shirtless multiple times in the movie. I did giggle a couple times...

4. I liked the music in this one much more than the other two...catchier songs and better dancing for sure!

5. Were there cheesy lines? Yes. Were there weird, unrealistic dance numbers in the middle of the cafeteria? Yes. Is 21 year old Efron a believable 18 year old Senior? Yes. Do I want all of Gabrielle's outfits? Yes. Did I shed any tears during the movie? Yes. Will I be seeing this movie again, on my very own DVD? Yes. Will I justify going to see this movie as research for the girls I work with? Absolutely YES!

5 comments:

Danae said...

Oh my goodness, I am dying laughing! I love your honesty! Way to have fun and not be ashamed. I am Alison's friend on bedrest in the hospital - thanks for making me smile today!
Also, I am from Charlotte! Hope all is well.
Danae

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices as regards the shoes were all over 170 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for that exact model. The prices as regards the sneakers are about 220 bucks everwhere. But for all I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices for the velcros were approximately 200 dollars everwhere. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you tell me about these?