Thursday, June 24, 2010

God Bless America! (and the US Soccer team!)

sorry in advance if this is hard to read...
not sure why it is formatting this weird...

Well I can sum up what I have been up to this past week in one word....
FUTBOL. and if you have been living under a rock (or on your honeymoon,
Marisa and Aaron :)...that means it is World Cup time!
and even better than just that it is on...the US team is making history!

I have basically watched at least one game everyday...getting up early to
watch or DVRing and watching at night...I am sucked in for sure!

Yesterday, I knew I had to work from 9-7pm at my counseling site, so I was
hoping to either follow it online or on my phone, but much to my surprise and
utter happiness, my boss had decided to buy some rabbit ears so we could
watch some of the games at the office...and did we ever! :)
At one point, 5 out of the 7 of us on staff were in there biting our nails watching
the US/Algeria game. I was following the England game on my
phone, so we were aware of the importance of the US scoring a goal! It was
intense....Oh and did i mention that we were watching it on the
Spanish channel, so I couldn't understand the commentators...which was probably
a good thing, but it made it for hilarity when those around me
watching were yelling at the US team in Spanish! When we scored, our room erupted!
Literally, we were jumping up and down, hugging each other,
and I shed a couple tears! It was a little like this...what a fun moment for the US!




As for the American players, if they ever stumble upon this blog, just want to throw this out there....I am single and have a huge weakness for futbol players!

So, as you can see...I have been busy cheering on the US and am thoroughly excited that I can see them play Ghana on Saturday before I leave

for church camp with the kiddos on Sunday!


Just wanted to give those of you who don't appreciate the amazing thing that is happening in South Africa right now for our country in a sport that we

do not garner much respect, a little look into how exciting it is for a soccer fan like me! :)


stay tuned for some pics of some of my favorite US players! I know...you are sitting on the edge of your seat, but please just indulge me :)

No comments: