Saturday, June 12, 2010

Catching up...


Blogging has not been a huge priority in the last month or so...but I will update you with a little of what I have been up to.

The first is probably obvious to those who know where I am in my life/career right now...WORK has consumed my days, nights and some weekends the last few months. It is going really well, racking up all those hours toward my goal of 3000 by next summer.

Last weekend I got to play in a golf tournament with my dad and 2 of my guy friends for one of my jobs. We had fun, everyone played really well, but it was super hot!

My sweet friend Marisa gets married this coming weekend (June 19th), so we have been showering and celebrating her for the last couple of months too! Can't wait to see her as a bride on Saturday as she marries her love, Aaron Miller!

I am in somewhat of a slump this time of the summer...I miss the camp life and being carefree during the summer months...probably doesn't help that most of my friends are either stay at home moms or teachers, so their schedules are a lot more free this time of year... trying to keep my eye on the prize...3000 hours.

My sister is in full on wedding planning mode in DC. Getting excited for the fun things we have planned to celebrate her and George's union in November.

I am in the home stretch of my time at Frisco Bible Church...come July 2, it will be the first time in 7 years that I will not be on a church staff. Weird...but what will I do with my Sundays now that they aren't a work day? I'll tell you, I am going out of town on weekend trips for a while! Road trips to see friends and much needed vacation time!

Speaking of vacation, I'm pretty excited because I just booked my first trip ever to Alaska. I'm hoping to see some awesome views like this one:



Well, until that trip, I will be working, playing on the weekends, and watching as much of this as I can!

No comments: