Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Countdown is On...

This time next week, I will be driving a trailer back across the country to Dallas with my sweet longtime friend, Sarah who gets into Charlotte this Thursday!

I can't believe how fast 4 years has gone and how fast 1 month has gone by since I decided to move. Everyone keeps asking me if I am sad or happy and my best answer has been that I am feeling bittersweet about this move!!! Charlotte has been such a great adventure for me and I could never have imagined all the great relationships I would have made...with students, my church staff, friends and even my very own Charlotte family! I have gotten to travel to Raleigh, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Nashville, Hilton Head, Charleston, Asheville, Columbia, Ethiopia, and Brazil as a result of being here in Charlotte!!! I have fallen in love with this part of the country and the people who really do exhibit Southern hospitality.

I feel like I am a different person as a result of living here for 4 years. I think I am more independent, more adventureous, more spontaneous, more willing to try new things, a better pastor, a better friend and I can say I have had to trust God more than ever before in my life out here!!!

This has been an amazing season of life for me, and as I move on to the next season...one full of studying for an exam, accumulating a massive amount of intern hours (3000), living in Dallas again after 4 years away, and getting reaquainted with the brutal heat of Texas...I am so thankful for the way God orchestrated getting me out of my comfort zone and showing me amazing things I know I never would have experienced if I hadn't taken that leap of faith!!!

So here I am again at the cusp of another big change in my life and career and I have a feeling of peace and confidence that God is going before me to pave the way!!! There is no better feeling than that!!!

Even though I'm sure over the next few days, quite a few tears will be shed, I am leaving confident that the verse I shared with the students on my last Sunday is true:
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phillippians 1:3-6

To God be all the Glory!!!

Lu

No comments: