Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to 2 of my favorite people!!!




Today is a great day!!! September 18 has for the past 23 years been my baby brother's birthday! Then 10 years ago when I met one of my best friends, Marisa, it has also been her birthday!!! So, sometimes this can get a little confusing for me, especially when I was living in Charlotte and was mailing gifts to them. One year, I sent Ryan a really cute purse and some earrings and Marisa got a Carolina blue polo shirt and a signed Pat Green poster (which I'm sure she would have kept) but anyway...obviously I got the packages confused at the post office. Now, it is funny because they text eachother to say happy birthday...and I'm sure make sure they got the correct gift from me!

I have so many memories with Marisa...too many to think of and some that can't be written on this blog, so we will just continue to recall and laugh about all of them when we get to hang out together, which thankfully is alot since I am back in Dallas!

As for my brother, I'm sure he doesn't even read this blog...but for the benefit of those who do, I want to say that he is at the top of my list of guys that I respect in this world. He is much smarter, taller, funnier, and Godly than I am but I love him even more for those things! He will always be my little Ry Guy, but it has been great to watch him grow into a man over the years! Some of my favorite memories with him include all the trips we have gone on together, ski slopes we have raced down, lake weekends with the family, and more than that, the tough times that we have been there for each other and for our family! He is the best brother anyone could ask for, and I got him!!!
So, I just want to say that I love love love these two people and am so thankful that they are in my life! This is a big year for both of them. Ryan is celebrating his first married birthday in San Diego with his love, Ashley. And Marisa is leaving her 20's behind and paving the way for all of us to turn 30 this year! :)

Happy birthday to you both!!! Love you very very much!!!

Marisa and I at my brother's rehearsal dinner






The siblings at my brother's wedding in May

No comments: