Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Exceeded my expectations...

I love it when this happens...most of the time, it has to do with doing something for the first time or fulfilling a dream I have had as a little girl! This isn't the first time this has happened to me: my first ride on a bicycle all by myself; cheering at my first high school football game senior year; my first week of college; graduating from seminary; my last 3 years living in Charlotte; going to the US Open can now be added to that list. All exceeded the expectations I had leading up to them. If you know me, you know that I tend to set my expectations low so that I can try to avoid alot of disappointment. But for this particular trip, having a year to think and dream about this little weekend, my expectations were unusually high and it STILL exceeded them! I won't bore you with every little detail (there are lots)...much like the city we were in...we slept very little...but here are some highlights:

-2 Days at the US OPEN (one night session with James Blake and Mardy Fish and one day session watching tons of matches)

-1 night out to dinner to Ash's favorite Tapas restaurant called Pipa

-1 Off-Broadway Show called “Altar Boyz” – hilarious

-1 All American Rejects concert

-1 walk on the Brooklyn Bridge

-Multiple Subway rides through the city

-1 Coach purse purchased in China Town

-Many many miles walked through the city (including a 4 mile walk through Harlem – funny story…)

-1 Ferry Ride from Randall’s Island

















-

No comments: